Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Em's Knitted Blanket #3

As soon as I had cast off my last knitted blanket I cast a new one on still using a lot of the beautiful yarns I had. This one I decided was for my Step-Mum's 60th who complimented my first knitted blanket. I used the same technique with a mix of yarn weights, 2 yarns each row, leaving the ends for tassels and not using any furry yarns.

I tried to base it more on the aqua and green colours with added dark purple (since I had so much purple) and touches of orange. It turned out a bit brighter, more colourful and a bit more block-stripey. It took me 2 years with a little help from a little Bubby. 

The needles are empty for the moment. I think I've made enough knitted blankets for a while and it has become a lot harder to find the time with a little Bubby. Although I do have a Mother-in-law who hasn't got one..?

No comments:

Post a Comment