Thursday, November 4, 2021

Em's Glasses Cases

 

I have wanted to make these glasses cases using metal measuring tape as the closure for a while and once I had finally gathered the supplies they were super simple and effective. I got the idea from Melly Sews, who also has a video tutorial that was handy. I followed the tutorials (using the adult measurements she gave in the video) without the clasp part. I used an iron-on fusible foam as the padding (any kind of batting would work) and a thinner measuring tape (as we had one that broke, which motivated me to finally start). A wider tape would probably be better but it still works fine. I should have measured my sunglasses as I find they are a bit deep in the pouch and slightly annoying to get out of but not enough for me to resew.

I'm keeping one for my handbag, gifting one and want to make another for my glasses in my car glove-box. I've got plenty of tape and fusible foam!

No comments:

Post a Comment